Merton Priory Chapter House

Merton Priory was an Augustinian priory founded in 1114 by Gilbert Norman, Sheriff of Surrey.

Excavations at Merton Priory were carried out between 1977 and 1983 by the Department of Greater London Archaeology and between 1986 and 1988 by MoLAS.

Following the excavations, the remains of the Chapter House were preserved beneath a concrete underpass between a Pizza Hut and Sainsbury’s car park.

Click on the image to enlarge