Winchester Palace, Southwark
In the fourteenth century the hall was enlarged, and the rose window constructed. This was possibly the work of William of Wykeham, who was Bishop of Winchester from 1367 to 1398.
The palace continued in use until the 17th century, when it was divided into tenements and warehouses. The area was badly damaged by fire in 1814.
Click here to go to the English Heritage page for this site