Lyddington Bede House
After the reformation, the building became the private house of the Cecil family. in 1600 it had passed to Thomas Cecil, 1st Earl of Exeter, son of Lord Burghley, who converted it into an alms house for twelve poor bedesmen and it continued in this use until 1930.
The remains of the fishponds of the bishop’s palace survive near to the Bede House.
Click here to go to the English Heritage page for this site