Warham Camp Hill Fort

Warham Camp is an Iron Age circular hill fort with a diameter of 212 metres near Warham, south of Wells-next-the-Sea in Norfolk.

There are outer and inner ditches and banks, and excavation in 1914 and 1959 produced evidence for a timber palisade and platform at the rear and timber revetment on the inner face.

The course of a channel of the River Stiffkey cuts across the south western edge of the earthworks, but this is an 18th century alteration and the original river ran in a curve to the west

Click on the image to enlarge