Maison Dieu, Ospringe, Faversham

The Maison Dieu was a hospital and royal lodge commissioned by Henry III in 1234.

The foundation consisted of a master and three regular brethren of the Order of the Holy Cross. There were also two secular clerks, who celebrated mass for the soul of the founder and the souls of his royal predecessors and successors.

There was a chamber in the building called Camera Regis which the king rest when travelling in the area.

Click here to go to the English Heritage page for this site

Click on the image to enlarge